Finance & Payroll Administrator
Reporting to the Head of Finance, we are seeking a finance and payroll professional to ensure accurate and timely processing of our weekly and monthly payrolls. Working with our payroll administrators and maintaining strong relationships with managers from various departments will be key aspects of your role.
We are looking for an individual who is analytical, methodical, and experienced in payroll administration and willing to support with finance related tasks. A deep understanding of payroll regulations is crucial. Additionally, we value qualities such as integrity, team spirit, and strong organisational skills.
Your ultimate goal will be to maintain compliance, streamline payroll procedures for efficiency, and stay updated with current regulations and best practices.
Review and develop systems to process weekly and monthly payroll over 3 companies efficiently and effectively
Assist in the processing of payroll changes and system upgrades
Ensure compliance with relevant laws, reporting requirements and internal policies
Administer payroll related schemes
Support the payroll administrators where needed and provide holiday cover
Develop a suite of reports of payroll related MI for the Senior Management Team
Maintain accurate records
Resolve issues and answer payroll related questions
- Support the finance assistants where required with sales and purchase ledger
- Support the Management Accountant with month end processing where required
- Support the Head of Finance and Finance Director with any ad hoc tasks and queries as required
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience processing payroll, with a strong understanding of payroll processes, legislation, and compliance requirements.
- Proficient in using payroll software and systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve payroll and finance related issues effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain complex concepts clearly.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities at busy times.
- Experience with Pegasus Opera 3 (Payroll and Accounts Package)
- Pension scheme compliance and reporting to Pensions regulator
- Gender pay compliance and reporting/publishing
- Death in service scheme administration
- Private Healthcare scheme administration
Salary- £28k per annum depending on experience