Traffic Team Leader – Job Opportunity
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in driving our commitment to excellence at Reed Boardall Transport (RBT)? We are seeking a dedicated Traffic Team Leader to join our dynamic traffic desk team, collaborating closely with the Transport Manager. In this role, you will contribute to the seamless operation of our RBT fleets and enhance our external customer experience.
- Starting Salary between £24,845- £27,000
- Directly reports to the Transport Shift Leader.
- Integral member of the traffic team.
- Reed Boardall Group, including Transport and Cold Store, and Boroughbridge Motors (BBM).
- Colleagues within Reed Boardall Group & BBM.
- External stakeholders, contributing to the enhancement of our traffic operations.
Customer Engagement and Satisfaction:
- Ensure precise and informative communication with customers.
- Promptly address and resolve customer issues.
Driver and Dispatch Management:
- Oversee driver assignments, dispatching, and delivery/collection allocations.
- Confirm driver availability and next day start times.
Claimed Hours Verification and Payroll:
- Manage and confirm the claimed hours of your group of drivers for weekly payroll.
- Communicate any deductions or adjustments transparently to individual drivers.
“Golden Hour” (accident/incident reporting) Excellence:
- Conduct thorough “Golden Hour investigations” with precision.
- Collate, act upon, and share information with relevant departments.
Teamwork and Communication:
- Collaborate effectively with other departments and team members within the traffic team.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
Time Management and Prioritisation:
- Efficiently manage time and prioritise tasks and assignments.
Vehicle Maintenance and Defect Resolution:
- Handle Vehicle Off-Road (VOR) situations, servicing, and defect management.
- Collaborate with the fleet department to ensure the roadworthiness of vehicles and trailers.
Multitasking and Adaptability:
- Exhibit flexibility in handling multiple tasks based on workload requirements.
Operational Issue Reporting:
- Communicate operational issues to the shift manager to maintain 100% customer satisfaction and meet company KPIs.
- Escalate situations involving driver duty time constraints to the appropriate line manager.
Compliance and Legal Requirements:
- Maintain a high level of compliance with legal regulations.
- Timely resolution of driver infringements.
Computer Literacy and Industry Knowledge:
- Proficiency in PC skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possess a strong understanding of the transport industry.
Reed Boardall is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender identity, family situation, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or age. This person specification is designed to help members of Interviewing Panels judge the qualities of interviewees in a systematic and consistent way and in accordance with RB’s equal and diversity policy. It is given to all job applicants / employees for information.
Experience/Knowledge: Desirable (not mandatory):
- Familiarity with general office practices and procedures.
- Prior experience with the CHESS system (training available).
- Proficiency in maintaining comprehensive records.
- Skill in managing workloads, time, and handling conflicting priorities.
- International Transport Manager CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) is a plus.
- Knowledge of LGV transport.
- Proficiency in general IT systems and applications within a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with driver hours and EU driver regulations.
Preferred Skills and Abilities (developable as needed):
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity (Essential).
- Effective communication with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Adaptability in responding to unforeseen situations, providing guidance and support.
- Punctuality in meeting deadlines and directing others to do the same.
- Professional communication in challenging situations with customers and stakeholders.
- Teamwork capability.
- Self-motivation and proactive initiative.
- A satisfactory level of education (e.g., GCSEs or equivalent) including Mathematics and English.
Join our team and help us drive excellence in transport coordination at Reed Boardall!