Transport Training Administrator – Job Description
The post holder will support the Transport Training Team to deliver a function that supports Reed Boardall Transport’s (RBT) overall training aims and objectives. The Transport Training Administrator is an integral part of the Training team.
- Reports to the Driver Training Manager
- Part of the Transport Training Team.
Also works with:
- Reed Boardall Group, including Transport and Cold Store and Boroughbridge Motors (BBM);
- Reed Boardall Group & BBM Employees;
- Key Tasks:
- Engaging with Drivers
- Organising and planning of driver training schedules.
- Organising and planning of driving assessments.
- Maintain and update all driving licence information.
- Liasing with the HR department in regards to new transport recruits.
Reed Boardall is an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of race or ethnic origin, gender identity, family situation, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or age. This person specification is designed to help members of Interviewing Panels judge the qualities of interviewees in a systematic and consistent way and in accordance with RB’s equal and diversity policy. It is given to all job applicants / employees for information.
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures;
- Experience of maintaining comprehensive records;
- Experience of prioritising workload, time management and dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge and experience of driver hours and EU driver regulations.
- Experience with completing driving licence checks.
- Knowledge of general IT systems and applications in a fast-paced environment.
Preferable Skills and abilities (however these can be developed):
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information. (Essential)
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels;
- Ability to react effectively to unplanned situations and give direction and support.
- Ability to work to deadlines and guide and direct others to achieve the same.
- Ability to communicate professionally in difficult situations with employees.
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to be self-motivated and always use own initiative.
- A good standard of education (e.g. GCSE’s or equivalent including Maths and English).